Introduction to the BWMI-NT1 Course
(8 weeks, 11 videos with 15 1/2 hours of lectures)
- NT1: Interpreting the NT 1 with Studies in the Gospels and Acts
- NT2: Interpreting the NT 2 with Studies in the Epistles and Revelation.
Welcome to your transformational journey!
My prayer is that you will be totally transformed in your understanding of the New Testament. God’s word is powerful and has the power to change you in every capacity!
I pray that the Holy Spirit does deep work in your life as you read the New Testament, journal your learning, and follow along with the video lectures. I pray that you will fall more in love with Jesus, God’s word, and the Kingdom of God. I pray that you will be freshly empowered in every way.
This course is designed for the Global Awakening College of Ministry and the Colorado Kingdom School but is also available for purchase without any group interaction of the 8-10 hours of additional teaching material on how to study the Bible.
In this course, you are assigned to read all four Gospels and the book of Acts. Concurrently, you will listen to a series of ten video lectures that walk you through their core content chapter by chapter. These lectures pause on the applicative content of many key stories as we unpack the core emphasis of each gospel.
- Buried in these five books of the New Testament is a theology of healing, deliverance, miracles, faith, and the Holy Spirit.
- You will also come to understand the ways of Jesus and the power and authority available to the followers of Christ.
- You will also learn why the stories in the Gospels are arranged in a thematic fashion and how to extract core teachings on your own.
- During this course, you will be given teaching on how to interpret the New Testament during the times of first-century Israel and the Mediterranean world.
- You will learn how to observe, interpret, and apply the Scriptures from an ancient near eastern perspective, in its historical-cultural context, and from the prophetic and revelatory aspect of the inspired text.
- You will also learn how to understand parables, biblical narratives, thematically arranged stories, biblical chiasms, and end-stress principles.
- Lectures unpack key principles on interpreting the Scripture by means of the Holy Spirit.
- All video lectures emphasize personal application to life as a Christian today and we often make declarations and pray into personally appropriating what we are learning in God’s Word.
The Global Awakening College of Ministry students have the benefit of online student discussion posts with responses to questions posed by Dr. Young and interaction with other students and Dr. Young on a weekly Zoom call where questions and insights from each week are processed and a significant amount of extra teaching material on how to study the Bible (Hermeneutics) is presented. We would highly recommend this option rather than an independent purchase for the additional material and the value of group interaction.
- Video Lecture #1 Class Introduction (24 min.)
- Video Lecture #2 Revelatory Survey of the NT – The Spiritual Nature of God’s Word; Understanding Eastern Literature (1:09 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #3 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Introduction to the NT (1:10 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #4 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Gospel of Mark (2:28 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #5 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Matthew 1-28 (3:32 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #6 Revelatory Survey of the NT – John 1-7 (1:28 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #7 Revelatory Survey of the NT – John 8-21 (1:30 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #8 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Luke 1-13 (1:24 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #9 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Luke 14-24 (1:08 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #10 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Acts 1-9 (1:12 hrs.)
- Video Lecture #11 Revelatory Survey of the NT – Acts 10-28 (1:44 hrs.)